Monday, June 23, 2014

One more time...

I was a strict McDougaller for 3 years and I never felt better physically or mentally...then something happened.  A friend of mine made me chocolate chip cookies (my favorite) and because of wanting to not be rude I ate them and I am not kidding, that was my downfall.  I kept eating for social reasons (because one of the drawbacks to McDougalling IS the fact that going out ceases to be enjoyable - I mean, I can make rice and veggies at home and not ask 50 questions about how it's prepared) haha!

SO! One thing led to another and life continued to go on and I continued to slowly turn my diet back into a SAD diet and watched my weight and my happiness go down the tubes!  It's been about 3 years now and I can't say I am any happier eating a  SAD diet!  In fact, it's made me just that...(sad)

This blog might take a slight turn here...I don't know how many recipes I will be posting, but I do want to be accountable to someone (or something...the world wide web if I must). I am hoping that if anyone is still looking at this blog and might be struggling to try to and incorporate McDougalling into their lives that they can glean some encouragement from others and I can glean encouragement from you! (I am so needy right now! haha!)

Maybe I'll just be talking to myself? That's fine too!

I will try to post my daily progress...we'll see how it goes! I am going for MWL this week with no cheating!

I made some homemade hummus and really like this for breakfast on Ezekiel bread with tomatoes.

1 can garbanzo beans
2 TBS. Tahini (I know...but I did this LTIWOMWL (Last Time I Was On Maximum Weight Loss) and the little bit of nut butter did not make a difference.
1 package of Good Season's Italian Seasoning

I wish I was one of those people who could eat healthy food in moderation, but I just can't. I have tried for 3 years and I just can't eat healthy food mixed with crappy food.  I just crave more crap.  It stinks!!! Oh well, that's just how I am.  I was born this way and I'll have to accept it and enjoy a life of MWL food.  I know that after a few weeks I will not even crave the other...but does anyone agree that the first 2 weeks are the HARDEST??!!! It's probably true of ANY lifestyle change.

Just some stats for the record.  I am 5'3'' and I weighed 118 at my lowest after McDougalling for 4 months (3 years ago I probably weighed about 140 when I began, I can't remember)
I now weigh 157.  So....yea.  We'll just leave it at that.

OK...Here...I...go! :P






1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm with you on this! I've been McD'ing on and off for 20-some years, but now in my 50s I have no choice if I want to keep my weight under control. It's working, slowly, with daily exercise. I hate portion control, measuring everything, and feeling hungry, so it's McD for me. Wish I could get my BF on board. He needs it even worse than I do.

 

track traffic
British Air Line