Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lickity Split Lasagna


I always tell people I'm lazy and that's why I have so many ideas. I'm always trying to figure out how I can do A, B, or C with less effort, money and mess. Sometimes my ideas are ridiculous. Ok, most of the time. Other times I amaze myself. I'll admit the latter happens less often than the first.

My family loves lasagna, but I don't make it often because of all that pre-boiling noodle nonsense - where you get third degree burns while assembling. So the other day I just stuck the noodles in a 9 x 13 pan with some hot tap water and walked away for 20 min. When I returned, viola! soft noodles. I know, you're thinking what about those no-bake noodles, why not use those? They cost more that's why. Just pre-soak your noodles and seriously that's enough to make a girl want to cook up some Amore.

The meat eating vegans ate: Vegetarian Spinach Lasagna - which consisted of layering: noodles, ricotta, spinach and sauce (from a jar people!) couldn't be easier.

I ate my own mini version: I use this recipe instead of the ricotta. Super tasty. And everyone's happy.
Especially my non-scorched fingers.


No my counter top is not slanted downward, just my photography lameness

5 comments:

Gina said...

I've been wanting to make lasagna lately, but always hesitate because of the noodles. I will be using this tip-can't wait to try it! (and I love the fat free vegan's recipe too-my kids and hubby even love it!)

Thanks for sharing this!

Jennifer B. said...

This looks beautiful! You are such an artist :) Truly.

Debbie said...

Looks great! I have to say, though, I have not cooked (or soaked) lasagna noodles in years -- I use them dry, make sure there's plenty of sauce, and bake the lasagna tightly covered. They always soften up nicely for me.

Jen said...

Debbie, I must need more sauce...I tried that before but they were still a bit hard for my taste. I like my spinach bright green though and if I cook it too long it turns ugly. So that's why this was so exciting for me. A quick pop in the oven uncovered and I'm ready to go! Thanks!!

The Mudmom said...

That looks delish and You are AmAZing!! Only a genius comes up with pre-soaking instead of pre-cooking!!!


 

track traffic
British Air Line